Let’s rock out for a good cause! The Corinth Coliseum is proud to bring back Battle of the Bands September 18th. For a one-night engagement, we are bringing together some of the best talent Northeast Mississippi has to offer. Come hear some live music in one of the coolest venues in the state. All proceeds from the event benefit new programming and the restoration of the historic Coliseum Theatre.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
All bands wishing to register for the Battle of the Bands contest must read and accept the
following rules and regulations before completing the registration form.
• All bands must contain a minimum of three (3) members. However, all members must
sign that they have read and understand the registration form. If you have any questions,
please clear them up with the coordinator prior to signing the form.
• Any band member under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign the
Participation form that they have read and understand the rules and regulations.
• Bands may bring one technician to assist them with set-up and break-down and that person
must also be listed on the registration form.
• Only band members and the technician listed on the participation form will be admitted on stage.
• All bands agree to have their name, voice, and/or likeness used in any advertising or
broadcasting material relating to this contest without compensation or rights to royalties
for such use
• On the day of performance, band members must be dressed in clothing free from
obscenities. This is a family-oriented event and therefore only activities suitable for
families will be permitted.
• Band name and lyrics of performance songs should not contain any obscenities if possible.
• The entire performance must be violence-free and suitable for families.
• If a band incites moshing or any other sort of violence in the crowd, the band will be
immediately disqualified and the performance will be stopped.
• The use of any illegal substances will not be tolerated. If any band member is suspected
to be under the influence of an illegal substance, the entire band will be disqualified and
the proper authorities will be notified. In addition, if a band member under the age of 21 is suspected of alcohol use, the entire band will be disqualified.
• All band members are required to be present at least 30 minutes prior to performance
time to check in with the coordinator. If all band members are not present and ready to set
up for performance 15 minutes before going on stage, the band will be disqualified.
• All participants are required to be courteous and respectful toward other participating
EQUIPMENT AND ONSTAGE RULES:
• All bands must provide their own equipment such as drums, guitars, amps, etc… a sound
system will be provided but equipment will not so please be prepared.
• Band members are responsible for the security of their equipment.
• Each band will be given the opportunity to play 3 songs.
• All songs must be original or cover songs or songs by other artists.
• There will be a strict time limit of 18 minutes for each band on stage. Please plan your
songs accordingly. You may have one long song and one short song but no more than 18
minutes is allowed for the 3 songs.
• Each band will be given 15 minutes to set up and 15 minutes to break down their
equipment so please keep this in mind when designing your set.
• While one band is playing, the next band may start getting ready to set up in the
background. However, please do not be disruptive so that the band on stage can be the
focus of the judges and the crowd.
• Bands may not use pre-recorded sound material. All bands must play live.
There will be a total of 3 winners. First Place, Second Place, and Third Place
• $250 in prize money
• $150 in prize money
*Money based on at least 6 bands